JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

The ignition to the lower/larger oven of our Stoves double

Customer Question

The ignition to the lower/larger oven of our Stoves double built- in oven has not worked since it was cleaned. Hope you can help. Thankyou
JA: Is your oven gas or electric? How old is it?
Customer: lower oven is gas. top oven and grill is electric.... About 6 years old
JA: How long has this been going on with your oven? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Since it was cleaned...about a month ago. Think the gas can be heard coming through [difficult with noise of fan] but does not ignite with a gas lighter
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Ignition spark is visible. Top oven is working normally
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
This is James, I'm an appliance repair technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today

Sorry to hear your appliance is having issues, please stand by while I find the answer for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.
What is the model number of your appliance?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
900GDOBLACK MODEL NO. 44445730
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 days ago.

If the ignition has stopped working it suggests you may have bent or got a cleaning agent on the electrode, which is preventing the spark generated leaving the electrode and lighting the gas.

Should the electrode need replacing you can source it here, but due to the appliance being gas it will need to be installed by a gas safe engineer

If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to ask them!
My goal is to offer you the best possible experience!
If you need further assistance, please use the answer box below and let me know. It has been a pleasure to be of service to you!

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thankyou
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thankyou...No further help required. We obviously need to contact a gas safe engineer.