Darran Wilkins
Darran Wilkins ,
Experience:  dasdasd
108849247

Trying to replace oven light. I'm fairly sure I have bought

Customer Question

Trying to replace oven light. I'm fairly sure I have bought the correct bulb but it doesn't work - have tried removing and refitting it. Any ideas.
JA: Is your oven gas or electric? How old is it?
Customer: Electric - fitted in February 2017
JA: How long has this been going on with your oven? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Oven light not working; removed bulb and could see filament broken; bought new bulb; fitted it but it won't come on.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I'm just wondering whether there is something I might have missed. I realise the new bulb might be defective but it looks OK and I'd prefer not to have to buy another one unless I have to.
Expert:  Darran Wilkins replied 6 days ago.
Hi guys I'm darran I'm a domestic engineer and microwave engineer
Guys what's the make and model of the appliance. And the replacement bulb was is from a domestic applince place or one bought that's a generic all oven bulb
Regards darran
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Thanks for reply Darran. The oven is an AEG BE300360KM. 60CM MULTI OVEN
The replacement bulb is a Philips G9 25Watt and it looks identical to the original bulb. I know it is a good bulb as a it tests all on a multimeter (kindly checked by a gas engineer who was here to service our boiler!).
The new bulb seems to plug into the socket at the back corner of the oven but doesn't light up.
Is it perhaps the socket which is faulty?
Steve
Hi Steve aeg, electrolux, zanussi are so common for this
Even if the generic bulb is the same spec etc they don't work
Espares.com Tradeplace and ukwhitegoods all post next day delivery with the serial they will send an aeg bulb that's an original honest 99% -that's all it is , if after it is still like it your then looking at the wore harness for the lamp holder and possibly the lamp holder also as these can go but correct bulb first
Regards darran