KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

Grundig GKNG 1691, 23/1/2019, Door will not keep closed as

Customer Question

Grundig GKNG 1691
JA: What's the brand and model of your appliance? How old is it?
Customer: 23/1/2019
JA: How long has this been going on? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Door will not keep closed as it appears the inside back panel is froxen and pushing our the tray.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Just URGENT !
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 15 days ago.

Good afternoon,

Welcome to justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today. I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your appliance. Hopefully, we will resolve this immediately. Please allow me a few minutes to check it's schematics and then type the answer.

I am afraid, I am not available for phone call and we can continue via chat.

Without the information requested in my first/previous response, I can only give you a general answer, but I hope this helps. This indicates temperature issue and/or an air flow problem due to heavy ice build-up inside the rear wall of the appliance. Please try this: Leave it unplugged and empty with door open for around 24-36 hours. Then plug it back (expect some water on the floor) and wait for another 8 hours so it gets back to optimum temperature. The problem should be resolved. However, if the issue appears again then the problem is with defrost operation. You will have to test/replace the temperature sensor and/or defrost heater element to resolve the issue.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask! I hope you enjoyed your experience with justanswer.com today. It has been a pleasure to assist you, have a great day.