Paddy
Paddy, Handyman
Experience:  Experienced Landlord
109046513

Why has my v6stick dyson stopped charging probably.It

Customer Question

Why has my v6stick dyson stopped charging probably.It charges for a short while then goes off as if fully charged but when I plug in again the blue light comes on as if to say it needs charging.serial no is JU3-uk-JJB9211A
JA: Do you know the model of your Dyson lighting? How old is it?
Customer: I think it is about 4 years old this xmas
JA: How long has this been going on with your Dyson lighting? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Fully cleaned it going on for about a week
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Can not think of anything I just use it and then charge it up each time so as to be ready when I hoover again
Expert:  Paddy replied 17 days ago.

Hi - Welcome to JustAnswer I’m Paddy and I will be your technician

It is normal for the blue light to do this as it will replace the charge used during vacuuming - Do you have any performance issues while using your Dyson?

Paddy

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
No just. Doesn’t last very long
Expert:  Paddy replied 17 days ago.
Does it pulse it pulse or slow slightly and stop?
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
No
Expert:  Paddy replied 17 days ago.

Hi - if you have a blue light while charging which goes out when charged and you do not have any red lights suggests there are no electrical issues.

The motor stopping after a short period can be due to a safety feature to prevent the motor from overheating & indicates there is something restricting the airflow, remove the dust bin and pull the trigger if the motor doesn't stop this indicates there is a build of debris in the vacuum between the brush head & the dust bin, check the following:

1. The roller brush & the roller brush head - remove the head and check back from the joint for blockages
  2. Remove the wand/pipe from the dust bin & check the for blockages
  3. Check the dust bin inlet this has a curve which collects debris
  4. Remove the dust bin & check the inlet from the other side
  5. Clean the mesh filter inside the dust bin with a brush
  6. Clean the sock filter

See attached photo to help identify the above.

After checking for blockages and the problem persists then it could be the battery. Batteries degrade over time and you have owned your Dyson for four years.

Replacement batteries can be purchased direct from Dyson or compatible versions can be found with online retailers, they are easy to replace (one screw to the front or the battery, one screw to back of the trigger handle).

I hope this helps.

Paddy