Darran Wilkins
Darran Wilkins ,
Experience:  dasdasd
108849247

Problems with CDA fridge freezer, cda FW 870 over 5 years

Customer Question

Hi problems with CDA fridge freezer
JA: What's the brand and model of your fridge? How old is it?
Customer: cda FW 870 over 5 years fridge gets to cold
JA: How long has this been going on with your FDW refrigerator? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have replaced thermostat still the same
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: is there a control pcb in this applianc
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Can you supply wiring diagram of this model
Expert:  Darran Wilkins replied 6 days ago.
Hi there I'm darran I'm a domestic engineer and refrigeration engineer
Guys this could be a few things
1 defrost timer faulty thus coming out of defrost to early
2 as you have hinted the main board may be faulty
3 it may be low on refrigeration gas when this happens it can produce more frosting around the evaporator and thus cooling issues
4 tear or similar in door seals that's not visible so appliance is running trying to over cool
5 the compressor relay and or main board may be faulty so the run cycle for the compressor is on to long
Is the compressor burning to touch now it is hot to touch and does it run for ages etc
Regards darran if possible can you send the serial I can possibly look for a specific issue with this model
But before anything guys pull the applince out and all the dust etc at the bottom were the compressor is with applince unplugged clear all this as most over cooling issues come down to an older applince that's collection dust at the rear and this leads to over cooling issues
Hope this helps guys Regards darran
The only other issue that's a regular is that the hinges have slightly dropped and thus as I said above Warm air enters and the applince try and cools this down
Darran