canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber
64367226

My dyson floor cleaner model no;HR7-UK-FHA1349A is not

Customer Question

My dyson floor cleaner model no;HR7-UK-FHA1349A is not operating properly. U sing the tube only I have good suction, but none when using the whole machine. The cleaner head is turning fine, but of course nothing is getting sucked up. I find it almost impossible to get right inside the workings to clear any other obstruction. Please help. With thanks ***** (*****@******.***)
JA: How old is your Dyson vacuum?
Customer: A bit more than 5yrs. years old, perhaps 6 or 7.
JA: How long has this been going on with your Dyson vacuum? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Very recently. I have cleaned the filters, made sure the hose is clear and checked the bas plate.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No . I think that's it.
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 12 days ago.

Expert:  canuck the pro replied 11 days ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I have been in the home improvement and repair field for 20 years. I will be very glad to help you today.

If you are still having problems with the suction on your Dyson vacuum after cleaning the filters then make sure the bin is empty remove your filters and quickly test the suction from the handle it should take no more than 5 seconds of running to do this.
Removing the filters rules out any problems with the filters. Sometimes the washable filter becomes blocked and cannot be cleaned resulting in loss of suction across the whole machine.

The only course of action is to replace the entire filter if your suction is good when the filter is removed.

DO NOT use your Dyson with the filters removed other than for a quick test as you will damage your motor.