KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

My dishwasher seems to do preliminary rinse, then shows F78,

Customer Question

Hi. My dishwasher seems to do preliminary rinse, then shows F78, which book says is circulation pump. We have checked that and seems fine.
JA: What happened just before your dishwasher displayed this message?
Customer: It was working. Appeared to be at end of wash and just wanted drying time.
JA: How long has this been going on with your dishwasher? What have you tried so far?
Customer: My engineer husband had good look at pump and filters and all looked ok. It will not wash at all now, I probably need you to come out
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It says
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 6 days ago.

Good evening,

Welcome to justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today. I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your appliance. Hopefully, we will resolve this immediately. Please provide its make and complete model number (from the label/rating plate located inside the door).

I am afraid, I am not available for phone call and we can continue via chat.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
It is a Miele G2343 SCi, serial no###-##-####4
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
We dismantelled and cleaned the drain pump and non return valve. No evidence if a problem there

Thank you for the model number. Both arms are turning ? Have you guys tested the circulation pump with multi-meter ?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.

Yes, the arms turn. Don,t have a multi meter. Thank you for your help, but we have a local engineer to visit

OK, I understand. I believe it is the circulation pump motor that is faulty and will need replacement. You're welcome and Good Luck. My goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask!I hope you enjoyed your experience with justanswer.com today. It has been a pleasure to assist you, have a great day.