JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Our jotul gas stove when you hold in the switch turn it to

Customer Question

Hi our jotul gas stove when you hold in the switch turn it to click holding it in the pilot light lights up with a flame as normal, but when you release it slowly the pilot light goes out so unable to fire it up as normal any ideas why.
JA: Do you know the model of your Jotul gas stove? How old is it?
Customer: Gf3 cf lpg gas not mains and approx 15 years old
JA: How long has this been going on with your Jotul gas stove? What have you tried so far?
Customer: it started yesterday the 47kg gas bottle ran out so I changed it and know we have this problem gas is getting through as it lights while holding in then when you release it goes out it used to stay on then when we turned the switch it would fire up and depending how far you turned it you could adjust the flow
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no. I did give it a good clean out as it. Did have some black soot inside.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Our gas jotul fire will not light
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 11 days ago.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
please
Expert:  JamesI replied 11 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
This is James, I'm an appliance repair technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today

Sorry to hear your appliance is having issues, please stand by while I find the answer for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.
What is the model number of your appliance?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Jotul gf3 cf lpg gas
Expert:  JamesI replied 11 days ago.

Right if the burner is not staying alight when the gas knob is released this suggests a faulty themocouple, this tells the appliance when a flame is present and keeps the valve open. When the appliance does not detect a flame the gas valve is closed to stop gas flowing to the oven.

As this is a gas appliance you will need a gas safe engineer to attend and replace the part.

If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to ask them!
My goal is to offer you the best possible experience!
If you need further assistance, please use the answer box below and let me know. It has been a pleasure to be of service to you!