Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

Everytime I plug into main wall plug it blows trip switch?

Customer Question

Hello, everytime I plug into main wall plug it blows trip switch? Any advice or what it could be I've replaced the plug fuse as well.
JA: What's the brand and model of your appliance? How old is it?
Customer: Under 2 year pro action WMDF610
JA: How long has this been going on? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It was working this morning, replaced plug fuse
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: What to do next?
Expert:  Daniel replied 12 days ago.

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer.

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with your washer. Lets see if i can help you on this.

Somtimes the plug top can cause this as it shorts out.

So the first thing to try is cut the plug top off and replaced it with a wirable plug and then see how it goes from there.

If its still tripping after that then its usually either the motor or the heater that causes this.

Pull the washer out and lean the washer backwards and have someone hold it for you.

Under there you will see the motor.

Disconnect the wiring plug on the motor and then plug it back in and see if it stops the tripping. If so the its the motor which will need to be replaced. But you may find its not worth it as motors are quite expensive.

But if after that its still tripping then its possibley the heater.

To access this you need to remove the front panel of the washer and the heater is there in the front of the drum.

You need to disconnect the wiring and then plug in and see if it stops tripping.

Try them and see how it goes from there.