Tim Cooke
Tim Cooke,
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

My danfoss tp9000 is not working, Danfoss 6 years old, 5

Customer Question

My danfoss tp9000 is not working
JA: Who makes your appliance? How old is it?
Customer: Danfoss 6 years old
JA: How long has this been going on? What have you tried so far?
Customer: 5 weeks. Tried resetting
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The thermostat has a flashing thermometer inside a building on the right hand side
JA: Who makes your thermostat?
Customer: Danfoss
JA: How long has this been going on with your thermostat? What have you tried so far?
Customer: 5 weeks tried resetting
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
It seems to be an issue connecting to our central heating
Expert:  Tim Cooke replied 12 days ago.

Good evening, and welcome to the Technical section in JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will help you today. There's no time pressure on this topic - it will stay open to you for many days, and you can reply at any time. I will be away from my desk sometimes, but will respond as soon as I can.

The symbol you're seeing indicates that the thermostat is in manual override mode.

The override should be cancelled when the time reaches the next scheduled event. Is the symbol staying there indefinitely?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
The symbol is staying there indefinitely. I have a preset program which therefore doesn’t seem to work, neither do ‘boosts’.
Is there any way of switching off this manual over-ride?
I have already tried turning it off and on again
Expert:  Tim Cooke replied 12 days ago.

If you press + and - simultaneously, the thermostat should revert to its program. But it should revert of its own accord at the next event, so its behaviour suggests that its faulty.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
If the thermostat is faulty does this mean I need to buy a new one? And who would you recommend getting in to fix it? Is this a job that a plumber could do?
Expert:  Tim Cooke replied 12 days ago.

I would also find a heating engineer to work on a heating system, rather than a plumber. Also, an electrician could do it, as long as they are familiar with heating system controls, otherwise they would struggle to test it functionally afterwards.

Replacement like-for-like is straightforward because the backplate should be compatible, which means no wiring connections are needed - the programmer simply unclips and the new one clips on.