KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

I have an applicance purchased at Hopedept that is receiving

Customer Question

Hello Pearl. I have an applicance purchased at Hopedept that is receiving an nerror message when turning on.
JA: What's the brand and model of your appliance? How old is it?
Customer: Model JKD5000SNSS 27 in. Smart Double Electric Wall Oven with Convection (Upper Oven) Self-Cleaning stainless.
JA: How long has this been going on with your oven? What have you tried so far?
Customer: 1 week, cant turn on due to error message F97
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no.
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 13 days ago.

Good evening,

Welcome to justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today. I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your appliance. Hopefully, we will resolve this immediately. Please allow me a few minutes to check it's schematics and then type the answer.

I am afraid, I am not available for phone call and we can continue via chat.

F97 in your GE oven is common fault in these appliances. This indicates an issue with the cooling fan in lower oven is not running up to speed. There is a sensor located on these fan which stops the oven from working. You may try to blow air and make sure it is not clogged however, you will have to get this replaced under warranty. You may contact GE and book repair under warranty, sorry about bad news.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask! I hope you enjoyed your experience with justanswer.com today. It has been a pleasure to assist you, have a great evening.