James
James, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a rangemaster dual fuel cooker, yesterday the cooker

Customer Question

Hi I have a rangemaster dual fuel cooker, yesterday the cooker switch tripped the main fuses but there isn't a way of replacing the fuse if there is one. The hob is gas and still works manually, the ignition switch is of course part of the electrics. Can you tell me how to fix this plesae?
JA: Do you know the model of your Rangemaster hob? How old is it?
Customer: Its over 15 years old I can't remember the model
JA: How long has this been going on with your Rangemaster hob? What have you tried so far?
Customer: The kitchen electrics all blew yesterday, I realised it was the cooker that was tripping the fuses so I switched it off.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The cooker switch is just one large red switch in a closed white box wired into the back of the cupboard next to the cooker. There is no visible fuse
Expert:  James replied 15 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
This is James, I'm an appliance repair technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today

Sorry to hear your appliance is having issues, please stand by while I find the answer for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.
There fault is most likely an earth leakage fault on the appliance there isn't a fuse to replace you need to strip the range down to locate the cause of the electrical fault, when was the appliance last serviced?

Expert:  James replied 15 days ago.

Without the information requested I can only provide generic advice at this stage, but happy to elaborate once you provide the addition info.
For now I hope you may find this initial guidance useful.

Taking into account the appliance is dual fuel this would need a gas safe engineer to strip the unit down if the fault has not cleared after 24 hours, as some times this fault can be caused by a spillage or water ingress, 24 hours would allow sufficient time for it to evaporate.

Such a repair can be organised using firms such as here.

If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to ask them!
My goal is to offer you the best possible experience!
If you need further assistance, please use the answer box below and let me know. It has been a pleasure to be of service to you!