JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a cleaning company where one of my team cleaned a AEG

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I have a cleaning company where one of my team cleaned a AEG hob and customer has said she used to much water and the ingntion doses not work any more , could that be the case
JA: Is your AEG hob gas or electric? How old is it?
Customer: Gas its quite new
JA: How long has this been going on with your AEG hob? What have you tried so far?
Customer: only happened Tuesday , after the clean the customer said that they was having problems with the electricity and after drying the burners everything was ok except for the igniting the burners
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no that is it

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
This is James, I'm an appliance repair technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today

Sorry to hear your appliance is having issues, please stand by while I find the answer for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.
What is the model number of your appliance?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
HG654351SM

The most common cause when too much water is used the hob keeps trying to ignite (clicking) even when not in use, the other potential cause is water can get into the jets and stop gas is prevented getting out to the jet.

Based on your customer saying its not igniting it sounds like the jets may have become blocked but unusual for all 4 to have stopped working by a simple cleaning water soap and water.

Typically leaving the appliance overnight and trying in the morning normally allows water to evaporate and work as normal, I would double check the red isolation switch for the cooker (which the hob normally spurs from) has not been turned off as clearly the hob needs power for the ignition side of things to work.

This model is a rather basic model as shown by the diagram here.

If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to ask them!
My goal is to offer you the best possible experience!
If you need further assistance, please use the answer box below and let me know. It has been a pleasure to be of service to you!