KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

When start is pressed display just goes to end(missing out

Customer Question

when start is pressed display just goes to end(missing out wash)
JA: What's the brand and model of your appliance? How old is it?
Customer: zanussi;electrolux;aquacycle;essential;1400;6kg
JA: How long has this been going on? What have you tried so far?
Customer: just today.ive tried other settings
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 12 days ago.

Good morning,

Welcome to justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today. I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your appliance. Hopefully, we will resolve this immediately. Please provide its complete model number (from the label/rating plate located inside the door).

I am afraid, I am not available for phone call and we can continue via chat.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
zwf142w

Thank you for the model number. Have you seen any error codes/flashing lights ?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
no

OK, Lets see if we can get an error code. Please try this: Press and hold the START button and button towards the left of it together. Keep them held in and after a few seconds you will see E.. ?? Please let me know the error code.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
there is no digital screen because its an old machine-I thought you would have deduced that from the details I gave you ! Malcolm
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Can you give me any more advise?

Well Malcolm, zwf142w is not a complete model number, if there is no digital screen the start will usually flash. Please provide its PNC so I can pull up all the information for your appliance.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
We have prod no###-##-####01
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 11 days ago.

Thank you. The model number is ZWF1421W, please follow these steps and let me know how many times does End of cycle and then START button flash.

1. Switch off the appliance
  2. Press and hold down START/PAUSE and any one of the option buttons simultaneously
  3. Holding down both buttons switch the appliance on by turning the programme selector one position to the right (clockwise)
  4. Continue to hold down the START/PAUSE and option buttons until the LED begins to flash (at least 2 seconds)
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
We followed the instructions-all the LEDs flashed Starting top left and in sequence one by one.This continued continuouslly.Pressing start/stop caused it to revert to end.If we cant fix it can you arrange for an engineer to call?

I am afraid all this indicates main control board is faulty and will need replacement. You may contact Zanussi and check if they can provide fixed price repair. My goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask! I hope you enjoyed your experience with justanswer.com today. It has been a pleasure to assist you, have a great evening.