KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

The bottom oven comes on but even if it's on full the ovens

Customer Question

The bottom oven comes on but even if it's on full the ovens only gets warm
JA: Is your oven gas or electric? How old is it?
Customer: My oven comes on but is only warm although it's on full
JA: How long has this been going on with your oven? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I've looked at the book but there is no fault finding there. This has only happen in the last week .The oven is only 4 years old
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Unsure what to say? Could it be the knob or something.
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 6 days ago.

Good morning,

Welcome to justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today. I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your appliance. Hopefully, we will resolve this immediately. Please provide its make and complete model number (from the label/rating plate located inside the door).

I am afraid, I am not available for phone call and we can continue via chat.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
BXDF21100X
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
It's a Beko double oven

Thank you for the model number. If you don’t mind, please allow me a few minutes to check its schematics and then type the answer.

This indicates an issue with the oven temperature sensor (thermostat) that is faulty and will need replacement. When this is faulty oven suffers from uneven cooking or will not heat at all. The part is available for £21 + repair charges, to order the part please CLICK HERE. If you want to replace it yourself, this VIDEO will give you an idea on how the replacement is done.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask! I hope you enjoyed your experience with justanswer.com today. It has been a pleasure to assist you, have a great day.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Thanks for your help. I have ordered the part.

You're welcome and Good Luck.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Cannot get at the switch screws as the front panel has two skins that are spot welded together in six places? My son has located the other end in to the oven but it’s impossible to replace the other end as we cannot undo the screws. Please advise.
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 3 days ago.

This VIDEO will give you an idea on how it is replaced.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
My son eventually fitted the thermostat but after fitting everything back together the oven still doesn’t heat up??!! We now assume it’s the element?
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Can you advise me where to get one and the price please.
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 2 days ago.

Can you test the element for continuity with a multimeter before replacement?

Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 1 day ago.

Thank you again for visiting justanswer.com.

Please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!