KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

Re Bosch washing m/c SM S16P1B. Won't accept more Rinse Aid

Customer Question

re Bosch washing m/c SM S16P1B.
JA: How old is your Bosch appliance?
Customer: Won't accept more Rinse Aid but warning light stays on. What to do?
JA: How long has this been going on with your Bosch dishwasher? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Tried following instruction re setting amount of rinse aid. Holding down button A and pressing Start etc
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: quite an old model I suspect but had had no problems in last 5 years. (came with house when we moved in)
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 14 days ago.

Good morning,

Welcome to justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today. I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your appliance. Hopefully, we will resolve this immediately. Please provide its complete model number (from the label/rating plate located inside the door).

I am afraid, I am not available for phone call and we can continue via chat.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
SMS40C12GB/18
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Let's try chat before resorting to phone

Thank you for the model number. If you don’t mind, please allow me a few minutes to check its schematics and then type the answer. As advised earlier: I am afraid, I am not available for phone call and we can continue via chat. Those are automated adverts sent by website and not by me.

Have you also cleaned the dispenser ? The water flow is fine and dishes still come out clean ?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
The water flow is fine and dishes come out clean. Where is Dispenser? I did not intend to request phone call. Are you able to cancel the £16 charge?
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Phone call not requested, If requested was in error . please cancel
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Please cancel phone charge
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
please continue online chat and cancel phone charge

No problem, I understand. I have not accepted it so I believe that will be sent back. Please try this: You will have to unplug the appliance and pull it out. Then tip it backwards by around 45 degrees so excess water drains off completely. After this is done, check the drain hose where it connects to house drain and make sure it is not clogged. Then clean the mesh filter from inside and make sure it is not blocked. Then remove the inlet hose and make sure it is clean, check this VIDEO and clean the dispenser as well. After all this is done, reconnect everything and plug it back. Then try any program and it should work however, if still it won't take rinse aid you may replace the dispenser.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask! I hope you enjoyed your experience with justanswer.com today. It has been a pleasure to assist you, have a great day.