JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

The button on my Dyson DC25 that makes the brush go round

Customer Question

the button on my Dyson DC25 that makes the brush go round won't engage. It is therefore OK on hard floors but wont work on the carpet.
JA: How long have you had your DC25?
Customer: 7 years
JA: What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing!
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: Everything else works OK
Expert:  JamesI replied 6 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
This is James, I'm an appliance repair technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today

Sorry to hear your appliance is having issues, please stand by while I find the answer for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.
To confirm does the button press in but not stay in place?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
But it doesn't seem to press in fully and won't stay in place
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Unfortunately, I can't phone you now as I have to go to work in 10 minutes. Please can we continue this text conversation later?
Expert:  JamesI replied 6 days ago.

Offers for calls are just automated adverts, you can discard them if you are happy for a typed response (and do not want to pay the additional fee). However it can take time for experts to respond, please be patient and an expert will respond as soon as possible.

Where the button will not stay depressed it suggests the button is faulty, this would need to be taken to a service centre for repair. This would be chargeable as the DC25 only comes with a 5 year warranty.

I would imagine the cheapest option for repair is using a local firm, you can find a local appliance engineer using a website such as here

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
That's fine - thank you . I will follow it up with a local firm