Tim Cooke
Tim Cooke,
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

I bought a 36v mower with two batteries five years ago.

Customer Question

I bought a 36v mower with two batteries five years ago. About 12 months later I bought a third battery. All three batteries have now failed so I suspected the charger and bought a new one. But that hasn't worked either. It seems strange all three failed at the same time. Regards *****: Have you replaced parts of your lawn mower before? If so, how long ago?
Customer: No, the lawn mower has all existing parts
JA: How long has this been going on with your lawn mower? What have you tried so far?
Customer: The past month. When I put a flat battery in both the old charger and the new the light stays on permanently, it does not flash like they used to
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No, It has worked perfectly prior to this
Expert:  Tim Cooke replied 13 days ago.

Good morning, and welcome to the Technical section in JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will help you today. There's no time pressure on this topic - it will stay open to you for many days, and you can reply at any time. I will be away from my desk sometimes, but will respond as soon as I can.

Generally, when and how often do you tend to charge each battery?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I have a large lawn, which is why I bought a third battery. It normally takes 2.5 batteries to mow my lawn and on average I mow it every two weeks in the summer. I put a battery on charge and leave it over night, then repeat with the oither two
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
I just checked and I bought them in March 2018 36V Lithium Auto-sense with the second battery being bought in the September
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Just checking online and guidance states a battery should last three years or 1000 charges. I have had mine 2.5 years with about 20 charges a year. What is the guarantee from Black and Decker
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Please cancel this enquirey. You have taken so long I have sorted it with black and decker.
Expert:  Tim Cooke replied 13 days ago.

I believe that the battery warranty is one year. So you'll have to buy new batteries.

The following web site makes for interesting reading on the subject of battery care:
https://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_prolong_lithium_based_batteries

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
You are wrong. The warranty is 2 years. Please organise a refund
Expert:  Tim Cooke replied 13 days ago.

I don't know why you're being so petulant when I'm spending time helping you.

If the battery warranty is 2 years then you should have no difficulty getting them replaced.