JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a Neff warming drawer that has been working well for

Customer Question

I have a Neff warming drawer that has been working well for 5 years. Now when you close the door the red light comes on (as normal) and after about 10 seconds it starts flashing, which normally indicates that the drawer is not closed - but it is closed. Can you suggest anything please?
JA: Do you know the model of your Neff warming drawer?
Customer: N21H40N3GB/01
JA: How long has this been going on with your Neff warming drawer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: In the last few days. Have cleaned everything that is obvious.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I was trained as an electrical engineer and am about to start taking the drawer apart. Apart from that it has been well looked after.
Expert:  JamesI replied 5 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
This is James, I'm an appliance repair technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today

Sorry to hear your appliance is having issues, please stand by while I find the answer for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.
The flashing red light means there is a fault, the most common is the draw being open, but it can also be due to a problem heating. To rule out a intermittent fault with the door contact switch I would remove the draw from the cabinet and then short the door contact switch and see if the fault clears if it doesn't you can be confident the fault is with the heating side of the unit.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
At the moment I am unable to remove the drawer from the cabinet
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Can you suggest how I remove the drawer from the cabinet?
Expert:  JamesI replied 5 days ago.

You remove the appliance by opening the draw and removing the screws that go around the outside edge into the cupboard, this is normally four screws (2 each side) and the unit will then pull out.

Parts can be sourced here.

If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to ask them!
My goal is to offer you the best possible experience!
If you need further assistance, please use the answer box below and let me know. It has been a pleasure to be of service to you!

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Thank you for your advice, which I had already tried but it will not budge. Have tried again but there is still no movement.
A microwave oven is installed above it. Does that make a difference?
Expert:  JamesI replied 4 days ago.

The microwave should make any different it suggests the installer has done something non standard and would check to see if maybe the power cord has been secured \ snagged, or maybe they have used a securing screw side on from another cabinet but there is no need.