JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a Fagor microwave combo.I have had it for nearly

Customer Question

I have a Fagor microwave combo.I have had it for nearly seven years. Just recently it has caused the trip switch to go in fuse box.I dont know which programme I was using the first time but the other two I was using The oven plus grill programme.My husband is concerned can you advise me.
JA: What's the brand and model of your oven?
Customer: 6H-570BTCX
JA: How long has this been going on with your oven? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Over a period of three weeks
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It has worked perfectly up till now
Expert:  JamesI replied 9 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
This is James, I'm an appliance repair technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today

Sorry to hear your appliance is having issues, please stand by while I find the answer for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible

Where the unit is stripping the RCD in the fuse box this suggests an earth leakage fault have you spilt anything on top or inside the appliance?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
There hasn’t been any leakage but I did notice a corner piece had broken off on the top little golden piece of plastic covering an opening on side of oven
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Did you get my last reply
Expert:  JamesI replied 9 days ago.

The appliance is most likely beyond economical repair since the fault would point towards the PCB based on its age, and due to the majority of parts showing as obsolete from Fagor.

You may wish to consider a fixed price repair such as the one here.

If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to ask them!
My goal is to offer you the best possible experience!
If you need further assistance, please use the answer box below and let me know. It has been a pleasure to be of service to you!