KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

My oven mod no AKZ555, my oven mod noAKZ555 the cooling fan

Customer Question

my oven mod no AKZ555
JA: Is your oven gas or electric? How old is it?
Customer: my oven mod noAKZ555 the cooling fan keeps running while heating up and during cooking and afterwards how do I knock it off
JA: The Appliance Technician can walk you through this; I'll connect you shortly. How long has this been going on with your oven? What have you tried so far?
Customer: 2 months I tried resetting cancelling and turning off the mains to no avail
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 5 days ago.

Good afternoon,

Welcome to justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today. I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your appliance. Hopefully, we will resolve this immediately. Have you seen any error codes/flashing lights ?

I am afraid, I am not available for phone call and we can continue via chat.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
What’s your solution

OK, I will take it as you have not seen any flashing lights, this indicates an issue with the thermostat and/or timer control. Control detects that oven is still hot even when its cooled down hence, the fan will keep on running. The thermostat is available for around £40 and motor is available for around £80 + repair charges. If you want, you can unplug the appliance and pull it out, then remove the top and rear off the appliance to check fan motor and thermostat.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask! I hope you enjoyed your experience with justanswer.com today. It has been a pleasure to assist you, have a great evening.