KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

My hob is having a nervous breakdown and has been for some

Customer Question

Hello - My hob is having a nervous breakdown and has been for some time, the two left spacers went first, or worked intermittently, then the right two started to play up and now all four having a thromby and non work. Problem code C3 even when it's not been on for hours, if I switch on at the mains the fan immediately kicks in. Just had electricians in to check electricity supply and they said that was spot on. Thank you
JA: Who makes your hob? How old is it?
Customer: NEFF age circa 12 years not had a lot of use I live on my own. It's a long thin one two left rings same size, right smallest then a large one at the end it's sunk into the work surface.
JA: How long has this been going on with your Neff hob? What have you tried so far?
Customer: The left two about three months then the right side about a week, up until two days ago I could sometimes get two working.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Yes, it's positioned over a washing machine on the left side facing and a dish washer on the right hand side facing and it's positioned under a window.
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 9 days ago.

Good afternoon,

Welcome to justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today. I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your appliance. Hopefully, we will resolve this immediately. Please provide its complete model number.

I am afraid, I am not available for phone call and we can continue via chat.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Kevin I will have to hunt for that info I have the instruction manual on the reverse of the book it says(###) ###-####(1W05X1)00 87 05 no doubt as useful as a chocolate tea pot - sorry
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I can take a photograph but how do I send to you? Via mail - WhatsApp- advice please Diane McC

Sorry Diane, I was away for few minutes. If you are on a computer, use the blue document with up arrow symbol by the SEND to load Images/Photos/Pictures. You have to write a word in the message box like "Pic 1" then choose only ONE picture then send. It will not let you do several at once.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Not a problem but I need an Engineer to call at the house and sort the problem please. The job is sunk into the stone surface and held in place with black sealer Respectfully ***** *****
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
You’ve just taken my money for a phone call from an expert then advised one not available please refund the call charge as quickly as you took it. Naughty. DJMcC
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Then why are we messing about? And comment please on the refund. I am losing the will to live I need to be elsewhere - it’s like watching paint dry. Ratty McCart
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I am closing down. Please send me an email when one of your chaps is going to show up at my door and I shall be in. Have a good rest of the day you’ve just ruined mine. Thank you Respectfully DiMcC

DJMcC, please understand the phone messages are automatic adverts sent by the website and not by me. As advised earlier: am afraid, I am not available for phone call and we can continue via chat.If you have paid anything I believe that will be sent back as I have not accepted the phone call.

I am afraid this is not a live chat service, it is like an email forum. We are not always available here and we have to check schematics before we type an answer.

This is a communication error between the main control board and user interface board. The left one was faulty and then the right one went out, either the main control board is faulty and/or the left board is faulty and will need replacement. Replacement of these boards will cost you around £220 + repair charges.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
But it didn’t happen and I have another appointment elsewhere. I need an engineer in my kitchen stop time wasting be efficient. Excellent yourself your probably a bloody android and I am as stupid for responding to a brick wall. DMcC

If you want to carry on the repair yourself, you will have to unplug it and remove the hob then replace the boards. The parts are available at Neff parts store. If you want to book repair you will have to find the model number (starts with E nr) and contact Neff at 0344 892 898 to book repair. Unfortunately, we do not provide home repairs.

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask! I hope you enjoyed your experience with justanswer.com today. Have a great day.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Kevin - Thank You - solid information for me to process. I am not competent to do myself will phone the number you have kindly supplied. The blood pressure going down now. Thank you. DiMcC

You're welcome and Good Luck.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Kevin can you kindly organise for the bog standard message to stop. Thank you.

I am afraid, I do not have any control on that however, you may close this page and then it will stop.