JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a bosch induction cooktop which is giving an error

Customer Question

Hi I have a bosch induction cooktop which is giving an error code of reversed 9 I was cooking last night and it made a popping noise and the main fuse box went off. When I turned it back on, it was giving that error code. The manual said to turn off for 30 secs, then turn back on. Didn’t work
JA: What happened just before your Bosch cooktop displayed this message?
Customer: I switched my hot pan on to a cold ring and saw a small flash of light and then the popping sound. Then the fuse box went off
JA: How long has this been going on with your Bosch cooktop? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Since last night tried turning of the main switch for 30 secs nothing changed, still having the error code
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I can give the model number if that helps
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
This is James, I'm an appliance repair technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today

Sorry to hear your appliance is having issues, please stand by while I find the answer for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.
What is the model number of your appliance?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Hi, the number is *****
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Please let me know if you need any further informations
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I haven’t got a confirmation from you yet. Did you receive my replies?
Expert:  JamesI replied 10 days ago.

This is not an immediate service I am afraid, it can take time for experts to respond, as they will need time to go away and look into the fault, but we do try and respond as soon as possible.

The reversed 9 is just a generic error symbol, the fact the fuse box tripped suggests there may have been a surge which has caused the induction hob to fail. In the first instance I would power down the hob at the isolation switch on the wall for 5 min and turn it back on and see if the error comes back. Should the error come back this would suggest the power board in the hob has developed a fault.

A new board can be sourced here however taking into account the cost of parts you may wish to opt for a fixed price repair such as here.

If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to ask them!
My goal is to offer you the best possible experience!
If you need further assistance, please use the answer box below and let me know. It has been a pleasure to be of service to you!

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I tried everything, nothing changed. Still blinking the reversed 9 symbol. Seems like a very expensive replacement part. I'd be better off just buying a brand new hob, instead. Thanks for the help.