Darran Wilkins
Darran Wilkins ,
Experience:  dasdasd
108849247

We bought an under counter Bosch fridge ten months ago

Customer Question

Hello ,we bought an under counter Bosch fridge ten months ago ,would you expect it to start emitting smelly fumes from the back at only this age of fridge,as cupboard it’s by the side of has started to smell like fish ,I’ve washed the cupboard twice and put everything in cupboard through dish washer and it’s still there ,Vivienne Giles
JA: Do you know the model of your Bosch fridge?
Customer: Bosch KUR15A50G. B
JA: How long has this been going on with your Bosch refrigerator? What have you tried so far?
Customer: About a week , fridge itself is very clean and does not smell inside,done nothing to actual fridge itself
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No, just would you expect it to start bacterial growth in pipes at this age?
Expert:  Darran Wilkins replied 13 days ago.
Hi vivienne I'm darran I'm a domestic engineer and refrigeration specialist
There should be no fumes at all
But the drain pipes can become gloved with black gunge bacteria this can have a smell
What can happen is that at the back were the drain pipe exists there is a small tray the water collect onto and thus evaporats away if the tray has bumped away from the compressor it does not evaporate quickly and the water can become stale and smell I would check this first and make sure there is adaquate ventilation for the applince also remember this smell me modern appliance if strong food is place in it , it can take this in and it can become rank smelling
Hope this helps Regards darran