JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a Worcester Heatslave 20/50 in a house that I am not

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I have a Worcester Heatslave 20/50 in a house that I am not yet living in but intend to move in shortly. The boiler is not on at the moment and I don’t think I am capable of relighting it.
JA: Are you getting any error codes or blinking lights on your boiler? How old is it?
Customer: Not sure - as mentioned I am am yet resident at the bungalow - think t might be about five years old
JA: How long has this been going on with your boiler? What have you tried so far?
Customer: The boiler has not been on since about March and I have not tried to get it working
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Can’t think of anything but happy to arrange and pay for an expert’s visit
Expert:  JamesI replied 7 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
This is James, I'm an appliance repair technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today

Sorry to hear your appliance is having issues, please stand by while I find the answer for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.
Has the boiler got sufficient oil in the bowser?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
plenty of oil in the tank
Expert:  JamesI replied 7 days ago.

In that case you should just be able to turn the boiler on from the control panel and it should start providing the room thermostat is show a demand for heat, however it may be worth having the boiler serviced in advance of going into the property, a boiler should be serviced once a year this will help make sure its running efficiently any defects identified, and help avoid a potential breakdown during winter.

If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to ask them!
My goal is to offer you the best possible experience!
If you need further assistance, please use the answer box below and let me know. It has been a pleasure to be of service to you!

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Will give you a call when I can arrange to be next to the boiler that isn’t working.
Best