KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

My washing machine makes an horrendous noise while spinning.

Customer Question

My washing machine makes an horrendous noise while spinning. I had an engineer out yesterday who I think was just trying to sell me a new one. What I would like to know is, is it possible to repair the dampers(?) on the drum ourselves.
JA: Is your washer top or front loading? How old is it?
Customer: It is a front loader and 10 yrs.old roughly. Apart from the spinner it's a brilliant machine.
JA: What have you tried so far with your washer?
Customer: Just had a local engineer out who just rocked the drum from the doorway and he said the pieces at the back( where the y dimple is) were broken and I would have to have a new washer.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The problem started on the 1600 spin and ok on the lower,but gradually the spinner has been getting louder on the shorter spin cycle too. It is so loud I can't be in the room.
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 16 days ago.

Good afternoon,

Welcome to justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today. I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your appliance. Hopefully, we will resolve this immediately. Please provide its make and complete model number (from the label/rating plate located inside the door).

I am afraid, I am not available for phone call and we can continue via chat.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
7kg Beko WM74165W

Thank you for the model number. If you don’t mind, please allow me a few minutes to check its schematics and then type the answer.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I pay for the phone call?

As advised earlier: I am afraid, I am not available for phone call and we can continue via chat. Those are automated adverts sent by the website and not by me. Please check this picture, can you tell me which part is worn out/faulty ?

Good evening,

Without the information requested in my first/previous response, I can only give you a general answer, but I hope this helps. This indicates an issue with the tub bearing and/or pulley at the rear of the tub. If the bearing is faulty the whole tub assembly has to be replaced. The cost of repair will be around £300 due to time taken in repair. To be honest, looking at the age of this appliance it will be better to buy a new one then to spend this amount on repairs.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask! I hope you enjoyed your experience with justanswer.com today. It has been a pleasure to assist you, have a great evening.