James
James, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Is there an extractor fan that works with a condensing unit

Customer Question

Is there an extractor fan that works with a condensing unit rather than drilling a hole in the wall of a listed building?
JA: What's the brand and model of your drill? How old is it?
Customer: What has a drill to do with my question?
JA: How long has this been going on with your drill? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Can I speak to someone about types of extractor fans?
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: We are refurbishing our bathroom which has serious mold problems due to poor ventilation. We intend to fit an extractor fan but are not able to drill holes in the walls or thatch as the property is listed. Any advice?
Expert:  James replied 14 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
This is James, I'm an appliance repair technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today

Sorry to hear your appliance is having issues, please stand by while I find the answer for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.

Is the bathroom upstairs and would you be able to drill a hole through the ceiling, as most condensing systems are large in nature and need to be fitting in the void.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
The bathroom is upstairs and there is access via the loft but there is no outlet from the loft to outside without drilling a hole in the outside wall - not permitted by the conservation Officer. The cottage is thatched and we are not able to exit through the thatch!
Expert:  James replied 13 days ago.

You would need a specialist firm to find a solution as it rather depends on the dew point of the loft void, however something such as the heat recovery system here may be suitable, though this takes in air it could be configured to take ambient air from the loft and vent to the loft since the outgoing temp will be significantly reduced based on the heat recover process.

If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to ask them!
My goal is to offer you the best possible experience!
If you need further assistance, please use the answer box below and let me know. It has been a pleasure to be of service to you!