KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

Our Samsung RR7000M RZ32M7120WW Frost Free Upright Freezer

Customer Question

Hi - our Samsung RR7000M RZ32M7120WW Frost Free Upright Freezer had the door left open over night and it is now confused. We have turned it off at the wall and on again and tried to reset for _15 but it is staying at + 10 Can you please help?
JA: How long have you had your RR7000M RZ32M7120WW?
Customer: About 4 months The ice cube sign is illuminated
JA: What have you tried so far with your Samsung product?
Customer: We haven't tried anything - it was working fine until last night
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: no I would just like to know how to get it back down to freezing again please
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
How long will my answer be? My frozen are defrosting!
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 15 days ago.

Good evening,

Welcome to justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today. I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your appliance. Hopefully, we will resolve this immediately. Please allow me a few minutes to check it's schematics and then type the answer.

I am afraid, I am not available for phone call and we can continue via chat.

When the door is left open, it gets iced up inside the rear wall of the refrigerator. Please try this:

Leave it unplugged and empty with door open for around 24-36 hours. Then plug it back (expect some water on the floor) and wait for another 8 hours so it gets back to optimum temperature. The problem should be resolved. However, if the issue appears again then the problem is with defrost operation. You will have to test/replace the temperature sensor and/or defrost heater element to resolve the issue.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask! I hope you enjoyed your experience with justanswer.com today. It has been a pleasure to assist you, have a great evening.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
HI - thank you. We will be in touch in a day or so. Erin

You're welcome and Good Luck Erin.