KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

Delonghi oven not working but grill is. Can you help?

Customer Question

JA: Is your Delonghi oven gas or electric? How old is it?
Customer: Electric
JA: How long has this been going on with your Delonghi oven? What have you tried so far?
Customer: 1 week - not tried anything
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It’s in my flat with tenants
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 9 days ago.

Good evening,

Welcome to justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today. I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your appliance. Hopefully, we will resolve this immediately. Please provide its complete model number (from the label/rating plate located inside the door).

I am afraid, I am not available for phone call and we can continue via chat.

Without the information requested in my first/previous response, I can only give you a general answer, but I hope this helps. This indicates an issue with the oven temperature sensor (thermostat) and/or the element that is faulty and will need replacement. When any of these is faulty oven suffers from uneven cooking or will not heat at all. The part is available for £30 (thermostat) or £90 (element) + repair charges. If you want to replace it yourself, you will have to unplug the appliance and pull it out. Then remove the top and rear off the appliance to access the thermostat and replace it.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask! I hope you enjoyed your experience with justanswer.com today. It has been a pleasure to assist you, have a great evening.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
File attached (6ZSVM3S)
Thanks, ***** ***** my previous message.