Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have an AEG fridge freezer SCE8191VTS. The freezer has a

Customer Question

I have an AEG fridge freezer SCE8191VTS. The freezer has a plastic curved "plate" at the back that is stopping the lowest internal drawer from going as far back as it should and stopping the freezer door from closing properly. The top drawer goes in where it should, the middle drawer is not quite as far back as it should go and the bottom drawer is jutting out too far stopping the freezer drawer from closing. The bottom drawer "bounces" off the plate at the back! Can you help please?
JA: How old is your AEG fridge?
Customer: two years old
JA: How long has this been going on with your AEG refrigerator? What have you tried so far?
Customer: The cabinet was iced up even though this is a frost free freezer. It might have been that people were not closing the door properly. The warning light kept coming on and a bleeping sound. I have now defrosted the freezer but the drawers still do not fit!
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not really!
Expert:  Daniel replied 5 days ago.

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer.

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with your freezer. Lets see if i can help you on this

If the drawers are not fitting in there then it could still be ice behind the back panel depending on how long you defrosted it for.

If you can turn the power off and empty the freezer.

Then from there remove the back panel inside the freezer and behind there is the evaporator.

Check to see if theres ice behind there pushing the panel out.

Then refit the rear panel and see if the drawers fit in then.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Ok. If I unplug it, surely the fridge will be affected?
Expert:  Daniel replied 5 days ago.

Yes the fridge will go off but if you are only unplugging it to remove the panels then the fridge will be fine as it wont loose its cooling like that.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Ok. Thanks for your help. I'll give it a go!
Expert:  Daniel replied 5 days ago.

Your welcome.