Tim Cooke
Tim Cooke,
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

I have a dyson V10. It is not charging. I am not sure

Customer Question

I have a dyson V10. It is not charging. I am not sure whether the problem is the charger or the battery itself. Can you please help.
JA: When did you last clean or perform maintenance on your Dyson charger? How old is it?
Customer: I bought it in January 2019. I clean it regularly but I have not had tp perform maintenance on it.
JA: How long has this been going on with your Dyson charger? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It has been going on for about 5 weeks. I Have to fiddle around with the flex on the charger and it will eventually start top charge. Today it isa no0t charging at all.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I have sent an email to dyson about 2 weeks ago but nobody has replied. Do I need a new charger or an engineer's visit. This is the third problem I have had with this appliance in the last 3 months (approx). First I had to have a new brush, then a new filter and now this. Do you think the appliance needs to be changed?.
Expert:  Tim Cooke replied 7 days ago.

Good evening, and welcome to the Technical section in JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will help you today. There's no time pressure on this topic - it will stay open to you for many days, and you can reply at any time. I will be away from my desk sometimes, but will respond as soon as I can.

Since fiddling with the flex seems to make a difference, I'd say that the charger is the problem. If your V10 has a 2-year warranty then the charger is covered by that. I would post to Dyson on social media - either Facebook or Twitter. That should get their attention more quickly. If the warranty is only 1 year, then you'll have to buy a new charger. I can suggest a merchant if you don't want to get it from Dyson.