JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a new iIve induction range cooker - ROMA 100 - i

Customer Question

i have a new iIve induction range cooker - ROMA 100 - i cannot set the clock and the hob shows and error message L9 when switced on
JA: Is your range gas or electric?
Customer: electric induction Ilve ROMA
JA: How long has this been going on with your range? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i have just had it installed new
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: the clock is flashing but I cannot adjust it to the correct time
Expert:  JamesI replied 6 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
This is James, I'm an appliance repair technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today

Sorry to hear your appliance is having issues, please stand by while I find the answer for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.
L9 is not a valid error code faults should be shown as either a |_| or as a E and a digit after it, based on the fact you cant set the clock or use the hob, I would double check the range has been wired correctly and the copper bridges are installed in the correct locations, if confident the appliance has been installed correctly then it points to a fault with the PCB, which would mean arranging an in warranty repair.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
sorry the error message is E9 - the electrician is coming back to morrow morning and i will ensure that he checks the correct connections
Expert:  JamesI replied 6 days ago.

This would suggest a PCB or termination fault, hopefully the electrician will be able to verify the copper bridges are correctly terminated.

If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to ask them!
My goal is to offer you the best possible experience!
If you need further assistance, please use the answer box below and let me know. It has been a pleasure to be of service to you!