JamesI
JamesI, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have had my vacuum cleaner for sometime now and have been

Customer Question

I have had my vacuum cleaner for sometime now and have been very happy with it. One thing that is not quite right is that it has a habit of momentarily cutting out. Do you offer a service?
JA: What's the brand and model of your vacuum? How old is it?
Customer: BBH6.../BCH6...
JA: How long has this been going on with your vacuum? What have you tried so far?
Customer: For at about 6 months. I have replaced parts 17 d and removed hair and stuff from 18 a.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not that I can think of.
Expert:  JamesI replied 5 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
This is James, I'm an appliance repair technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today

Sorry to hear your appliance is having issues, please stand by while I find the answer for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.
The fault is often associated with overheating, there isn't a service available for the fault does the unit feel as its getting hot when the fault occurs?

Expert:  JamesI replied 4 days ago.

Without the information requested I can only provide generic advice at this stage, but happy to elaborate once you provide the addition info.
For now I hope you may find this initial guidance useful.

Start by checking if the vacuum is overheat when using it and if after using new filters it still gets hot when it cuts out this would then be a sign the appliance needs to be sent away to a service centre for repair, this will be covered under the warranty. You can arrange such a repair by calling 0344(###) ###-####/strong>

If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to ask them!

My goal is to offer you the best possible experience!
If you need further assistance, please use the answer box below and let me know. It has been a pleasure to be of service to you!

Customer: replied 1 day ago.
The cutting out does not happen when the vacuum cleaner is hot. It just happens on and off all the time. Could be the switch?
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 day ago.

It could be a faulty switch, or a another electrical fault you would need to strip the unit down and test it when under load, this would be a warranty repair.

Customer: replied 1 day ago.
Why did Bosch send me to you for an an answer when I really wanted to contact their repair departmrnt?
Expert:  JamesI replied 1 day ago.

They do not have a repair department, just a call centre where they taking money for fixed price repair, we deal with diagnostics and troubleshooting, so imagine they wanted to verify if it was user error first.