Erdal Zal
Erdal Zal,
106347225

My integrated Hotpoint fridge freezer stopped working

My integrated Hotpoint fridge freezer stopped working overnight. The fuse and power are fine, it is about 8 years old. How do i diagnose the problem?
JA: Do you know the model of your Hotpoint fridge?
Customer: HM315FF
JA: How long has this been going on with your Hotpoint refrigerator? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It happened overnight. I have checked the power and fuse
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It was working well at 10pm last night.

Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for your question. My name is***** am an expert from Germany and have been working as an equipment technician for 19 years. I work with a language translation program and I would be very grateful for your understanding. Telephone service is provided automatically by the system, so you only have to accept it when you need it. Unfortunately I can't make a phone call, but if you wish, another expert could do it for you. I will try to help you as best I can via chat.

I hope you are doing very well morally and healthily. I am sorry you faced this problem!

Can you describe the mistake better to me? Can you switch the device on or do you still see lights or do you hear anything that it is working?

Please do not hesitate to continue this topic if you have any further questions. I would be very happy to help you!

Best regards,
Erdal

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
There is no noise.

Okay is the lamp lit? Does nothing work at all?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
The light doesn't work anyway as the bulb needs changing

Okay then it will be very difficult. It is complicated to find such a solution. It is an electrical defect. You wrote that you checked the fuse and the power supply. If the power supply is there and still doesn't work then either the control board is out of order or an internal cable connection is defective. This must be checked by a qualified person and repaired if necessary. I am really very sorry. If you wish I can give you a service number of the manufacturer where you can book a repair.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
What else can I check?

Normally you have to measure with a multimeter the cable connection for the power supply until the control board. But for this you have to remove many components. I must point out that electrical work should be done by qualified personnel as it is very dangerous to test under power. The power supply must be measured up to the control board. If it reaches the control board and still does not work then the control board is defective.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Could it just be a fan or motor that stopped working?

There can be several reasons for such an error. That is why I asked if you hear or see anything that the device still works in any way. But without a sign that it has a function it will be very difficult to enter the 100% proposal. That is why I had written to you that it must be professionally tested. The power supply has to be measured up to the control board first.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I can't test that yet. But, if the power is Ok, what next?

When the power supply has reached the control board you have to measure the connectors from the control board to see if it is also passing on the power supply. Then you have to measure the plugs on the control board to see if they are connected to the power supply. Then you have to measure the plugs on the control board to see if they are also powered.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Thanks but . I really don't think it's a power issue as there is no reason for that to have happened

If the control board is faulty, the other components are not supplied with power or transmitted. These things must be measured. If of course one component is powered and still does not work then it is defective. Therefore you have to measure with a multimeter where there is power everywhere and still it is not switched on.

Of course this test is not easy. It is complicated and is always carried out by my qualified personnel.

If you want to know which component is defective you have to measure and check everything once.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Dear Erdal, thank you for your support. I am getting somebody locally to check the power etc.