Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I HAVE A HOTPOINT FRIDGE FREEZER. HQ9 E1L\ 1 DAY OLD, the

hi I HAVE A HOTPOINT FRIDGE FREEZER. HQ9 E1L\
JA: Do you know the model of your Hotpoint fridge? How old is it?
Customer: 1 DAY OLD
JA: How long has this been going on with your Hotpoint refrigerator? What have you tried so far?
Customer: the manual that comes with fridge doesn't mention how to stop the red warning light from coming on every time a door is open
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no that's it
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
any answers?

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer.

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with your fridge. Lets see if i can help you on this.

If the appliance has been running for 24 hours then the red light shouldnt be coming.

As the red light is a warning light to say the temperture isnt correct in the freezer.

So is the fridge and freezer cooling ok?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Hi Daniel
It only cones on when any door is opened.

Ok so is it coming on as soon as you open the door?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.

Ok in this case then there may be a fault on the control board or a door sensor.

As the light shouldnt come on for about 2 minutes of having one of the doors open.

So if the light comes on stright away then its faulty and its more then likely a control unit.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Thanku very much. I will email this thread to them .

Your welcome.