KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

I have a zanussi double oven... top section works, bottom

hello, I have a zanussi double oven... top section works, bottom section doesn't. Where should I look for the fault?
JA: Is your Zanussi oven gas or electric? How old is it?
Customer: Electric, 2 years old.
JA: How long has this been going on with your Zanussi oven? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Until this morning it was fine. We are haveing a new kitchen on Monday, so today we slid the oven out of the cabinet to access the gas hob above, and now...problems.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: We don't have any instruction manuals with the oven - we moved in 6 weeks ago, (the house is 2 years old) and inherited this under-counter oven, which is totally ridiculous, 'cos we need to get low down on hands and knees to see what is cooking, which is partly why we're having a new kitchen.

Good afternoon,

Welcome to justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today. I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your appliance. Hopefully, we will resolve this immediately. Please provide its complete model number (from the label/rating plate located inside the door).

I am afraid, I am not available for phone call and we can continue via chat.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
ZOF 35601XK TYPE 91 E 1 B 01 KD SER 83924559
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I have just checked the connections in the back, and all seems okay. Could it be the on-off switch to the lower oven?
The light doesn't come on, and neither does the warming-up light, although both work for the top oven.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
are you still there?

Thank you for the model number. If you don’t mind, please allow me a few minutes to check its schematics and then type the answer. The problem is only with top oven and lower one works fine ?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
No, the top works okay, but not he bottom.

OK and has it tripped as well ?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
NO, nothing tripped.

OK, This indicates an issue with the oven temperature sensor (thermostat) that is faulty and will need replacement. When this is faulty oven suffers from uneven cooking or will not heat at all. The part is available for £37 + repair charges, to order the part please CLICK HERE. If you want to replace it yourself, this VIDEO will give you an idea on how the replacement is done.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Okay, I understand your diagnosis, BUT the internal light fails to come on when I switch the function switch, (previously referred to as the on-off switch). There are no signs of life before I touch the temp control, are you still certain that it's the thermostat?

Yes, I still believe it is the thermostat. If it was the control the top oven won't work. My goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask! I hope you enjoyed your experience with justanswer.com today. It has been a pleasure to assist you, have a great day.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Top oven works, I tried the bottom again and it failed to work. Then I set the clock, and the light in the lower oven came on, so I was able to cook my evening meal.......
Ciao

Perfect, Glad it is sorted. My goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask! I hope you enjoyed your experience with justanswer.com today. It has been a pleasure to assist you, have a great day.