Darran Wilkins
Darran Wilkins ,
Experience:  dasdasd
108849247

Coolmatic CU55 fridge unit.The thermostat dial corroded up

Coolmatic CU55 fridge unit.The thermostat dial corroded up years ago but the fridge still functioned. The fridge has now ceased to function at all. There is power to the unit but no start up.If I short out the thermostat terminals will this encourage the unit to start up and convince me that the thermostat is at fault? If so which are the thermostat terminals F,D,C,P or T? Thanks for your help. Alan Rogers
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Marine Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the Marine Mechanic should know?
Customer: It's 20 years old and has been fitted to a 33ft yacht.
Guys I'm darran I'm a domestic engineer and refrigeration engineer
If you simply short the wires ie remove the stat and make the circuit the fridge will kick in as the stats bypassed this way you will know the stats has failed If it don't kick in compressor realy
As pear said above guys I'm not a marine mechanic but a refrigeration engineer and an electro mechanical engineering
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Darran, thanks, I'll try and short them and see what happens!
Your more than welcome guys