KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

My gas oven doesn't always ignite, Zanussi zcg43200xA it is

My gas oven doesn't always ignite
JA: What's the brand and model of your oven? How old is it?
Customer: Zanussi zcg43200xA it is four years old
JA: How long has this been going on with your Zanussi oven? What have you tried so far?
Customer: 3 weeks nothing
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No

Good evening,

Welcome to justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today. I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your appliance. Hopefully, we will resolve this immediately. When it ignites does it work fine and heat fine ?

I am afraid, I am not available for phone call and we can continue via chat.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
it ignites ok
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Heat ok

OK, I believe it is either the thermostat and/or thermocouple that is faulty and will need replacement. As this is a Gas appliance it is always recommended that it is only repaired by Gas safe Engineer. You may contact Zanussi and book a fixed price repair.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask! I hope you enjoyed your experience with justanswer.com today. It has been a pleasure to assist you, have a great evening.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
How much will it cost approximately

Thermocouple is available for £30 and Thermostat is available for £95 however, as you said it heats fine so I believe thermostat would be fine.

The only other thing that may go faulty is spark generator however, when it works it works fine hence, it will be better to check the oven and then replace the part.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thank you very much

You're welcome and Good Luck.