James
James, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Have purchased a second hand hotpoint rangestyle cooker when

Have purchased a second hand hotpoint rangestyle cooker when it was changed the connection was a small pipe on existing , which was changed to a larger one to fit connections on new cooker , but new cooker doesn’t seem to have enough pressure and carnt see flame but is lit .
JA: Do you know the model of your Hotpoint range? How old is it?
Customer: im not sure as it’s in my sons house
JA: How long has this been going on with your Hotpoint range? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I didn’t fit it but I have looked at it and all seems ok but only thing changed from existing was flexy pipe
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: don’t think so

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
This is James, I'm an appliance repair technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today

Sorry to hear your appliance is having issues, please stand by while I find the answer for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.
Are you using LPG or natural gas?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Natural gas

Right, and even when the small burner is turned on you don't get a high flame?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
That’s correct , they all light but can’t see flame just feel the heat
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Just doesn’t seem to be enough pressure ! Yet ok ! On old cooker and only changed flex pipe !
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hi are we still there ?
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hello anyone there ? James ?
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Back plate

This is not an immediate service I am afraid, it can take time for experts to respond, as they will need time to go away and look into the fault, but we do try and respond as soon as possible.

When the gas engineer fitted the cooker did they check NG jets were fitted rather than LPG, and verify the supply meets the requirements both in pressure and demand?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Don’t think so ! Reading bottom of label , does that mean it’s been converted ?
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
How can I tell which jets are in it ?

Your best option is to ask the previous owners if they were using LPG, or failing that get the gas engineer who installed the appliance to double check, this isn't really something you can do as a lay person.

If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to ask them!
My goal is to offer you the best possible experience!
If you need further assistance, please use the answer box below and let me know. It has been a pleasure to be of service to you!

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Ok thanks !!