Tim Cooke
Tim Cooke,
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

Ideal Fridge Freezer model EURSBS427SS has an open reservoir

Ideal Fridge Freezer model EURSBS427SS has an open reservoir at the rear. Is this water or refrigerant. Very dirty. Should I empty it?
JA: How long have you had your EURSBS427SS?
Customer: two to three years.
JA: What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing. Unsure whether it’s an overflow or a reservoir to replace lost refrigerant.
JA: Anything else you want the Electronics Expert to know before I connect you?
Customer: No

Good afternoon, and welcome to the Technical section in JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will help you today. There's no time pressure on this topic - it will stay open to you for many days, and you can reply at any time. I will be away from my desk sometimes, but will respond as soon as I can.

The open reservoir is condensate from the inside walls of the appliance. It does no harm to sponge it out and clean it, but generally it looks after itself through evaporation. If it ever overflows, then there's a fault with the fridge.

Thank you for your rating, and your bonus :-)