Tim Cooke
Tim Cooke,
Experience:  Owner at Self-employed
106972271

My cordless Hoover FD22L 001 switches on then immediately

My cordless Hoover FD22L 001 switches on then immediately stops. The charge light then flashes blue and red . Is it fixable ? Is it the battery?
JA: How old is your Hoover lighting?
Customer: About 2 years old
JA: How long has this been going on with your Hoover lighting? What have you tried so far?
Customer: A few week. We have tried recharging
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no

Good afternoon

I will just find the information you need. It will take a few minutes so please bear with me as it's quite busy here this afternoon.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.

The red/blue flashing indicates a problem in the air flow, so you need thoroughly check and clean the filter, the bin and the rest of the parts.

The following video might help:
ttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZOP-kGzv3k

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
We have watched the video.We have cleaned the parts but haven't left them out to try for 24hrs also, we haven't washed the blue and white checked filter. We have just dusted it. Will this make a difference? Why cant the shroud be washed? We have washed it.

I see no reason not to wash the shroud, but it's 100% essential to let everything thoroughly dry out. If you have an airing cupboard, put them in there for 24 hours.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Do you think not washing the blue and white material type filter may be the problem?

Lots of things might be the problem. But I would wash all of the filters and let them dry in order to eliminate them from suspicion.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Ok thanks very much we will . Bye for now

Thank you for your rating :-)