Erdal Zal
Erdal Zal,
106347225

I have a Bernina 1020 sewing machine. I used it last night

I have a Bernina 1020 sewing machine. I used it last night and the machine made a strange noise, then, it sent out acrid smoke from the power cable inlet. Can you give me some advice please.
JA: How old is your Bernina sewing machine?
Customer: I bought it around 35 years ago.
JA: How long has this been going on with your Bernina sewing machine? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It has only happened last night, I had to unplug it.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I don’t think so

Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for your question. My name is***** am an expert from Germany and have been working as an equipment technician for 19 years. I work with a language translation program and I would be very grateful for your understanding. Telephone service is provided automatically by the system, so you only have to accept it when you need it. Unfortunately I can't make a phone call, but if you wish, another expert could do it for you. I will try to help you as best I can via chat.

I hope you are doing very well morally and healthily. I am sorry you faced this problem!

It may be that the connection point caused a short circuit. Can you still switch on the device? Normally you would have to open the device now and check the connection points from the inside to see whether the cables are still OK or the connection points.

Please do not hesitate to continue this topic if you have any further questions. I would be very happy to help you!

Best regards,
Erdal