KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

My dishwasher is will not stop spraying water even tho no

My dishwasher is will not stop spraying water even tho no cycle is selected
JA: What's the brand and model of your dishwasher? How old is it?
Customer: Zanussi ZDT21006FA 1 year old
JA: How long has this been going on with your Zanussi dishwasher? What have you tried so far?
Customer: this just started last night. If i start a cycle it will keep letting in water and constant draining. inlet solenoid does not stop letting in water
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no

Good afternoon,

Welcome to justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today. I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your appliance. Hopefully, we will resolve this immediately. Have you seen any error codes/flashing lights ?

I am afraid, I am not available for phone call and we can continue via chat.

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
i had 3 beeps but I was told this was due to overfill under dishwasher. I dried this out and no more beeping.

OK, please provide its PNC

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
When I pull plug from wall socket and turn on water, I have no water coming in. When power is connected to wall socket it seems like something is telling inlet solenoid to open and let water in. I have checked pressure switch and pipe to ensure no debris

Thank you. This indicates the fill valve is faulty and will need replacement. Control detects the appliance needs water (due to faulty valve) hence, it keeps on filling continuously. The part is available for £27 + repair charges, to order the part please CLICK HERE. If you want to replace it yourself, this VIDEO will give you an idea on how the replacement is done.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service. If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to ask! I hope you enjoyed your experience with justanswer.com today. It has been a pleasure to assist you, have a great day.

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Is there any way to test inlet valve before replacing?

Yes, you can disconnect the valve and test it with a multi-meter.

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Is this done via OHms test?

You can test it for continuity, if it is open circuit then it should be replaced however, if it tests fine then I am afraid it is the control board that will need replacement.

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
ok many thanks, Have a wonderful day. Really appreciate your help

You're welcome and Good Luck.

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Hi I tested solenoid and result was 460 Ohms. Seems to be fauly board. Would you agree?
Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Completed Continuity test and no beep was made on multimeter

Well, then that indicates it is open circuit and water inlet valve will need replacement.

Thank you again for visiting justanswer.com, please let me know if you need me to clarify anything or if you have any additional questions-I am happy to help!

Customer: replied 2 days ago.
Brilliant. Many Thanks

You're welcome, Good night.