Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I have a grundig 38250 which isn’t getting warm, Grundig

Hi I have a grundig 38250 which isn’t getting warm
JA: What's the brand and model of your appliance? How old is it?
Customer: Grundig 38250hgcb probably had it about 3 years
JA: How long has this been going on? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Haven’t used it for nearly a year now. Originally after about 10 mins of use it made a loud whirring noise so we would turn it off tried it again the other day for nearly 10 mins but never got warm
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The drum turns ok not sure if it makes a noise anymore

Hi, I'm Daniel welcome to JustAnswer.

Sorry to hear you are having trouble with your dryer. Lets see if i can help you on this.

If it used to be noisy and now it isnt making the noise but isnt heating then its possibley the heat pump.

As these dryers use a heat pump which creates the heat and uses that to dry. So if it was noisy then then its more then likely the heat pump that made the noise and now its packed in altogether so it wont heat.

Now the bad news is this isnt really worth fixing as its just like a fridge repair as the compressor needs to be cut off and new one fitted and regassed back up.

Now it will be cheaper to get a new dryer rather then fixing this im afraid, Sorry.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thank you for your quick response, it’s not that much bad news I was wondering if I should buy new rather than trying to get it repaired. Again thank you

Your very welcome.