Erdal Zal
Erdal Zal,
106347225

We have a hotpoint aqualtis washing machine and we have just

Customer Question

Hi, we have a hotpoint aqualtis washing machine and we have just put it in a 30 min cycle, which took 90 minutes to complete. Once or twice there was a series of 3 bleeps, but the cycle completed. However, the washing was full of "gunk", like a greasy smear. Any thoughts? Many thanks
JA: Is your Hotpoint washer top or front loading? How old is it?
Customer: Thanks, ***** ***** a front loader, maybe 5 years old.
JA: How long has this been going on with your Hotpoint washer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just this morning, although we had some bad odours recently and we cleaned the filter at the bottom of the machine, which was not actually too messy.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: can't think of anything
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 21 days ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for your question. My name is***** am an expert from Germany and have been working as an equipment technician for 19 years. I work with a language translation program and I would be very grateful for your understanding.

The telephone service is provided automatically by the system, you only have to accept it when you need it.

Unfortunately, I cannot make a call, but another expert can do it for you if you wish. I will try to help you as best I can via chat.

I'm sorry you faced this problem!

as soon as a wash takes a long time as specified, the heating or thermostat is usually not working. If incorrect values ​​are registered, the washing takes longer and longer. I read that you have already cleaned the filter. Can the pump also move freely? If you look in the hole there is an impeller. Can this impeller move freely?

Please do not hesitate to continue this topic if you have any further questions. I would be very happy to help you!

Sincerely yours,
Erdal

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Thanks Erdal for your response. Yes, the part at the back of the filter compartment is moving freely
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 21 days ago.

Okay as I said, it is possible that the heating or thermostat is not working properly. I recommend that you run the appliance empty twice with special washing machine cleaner from the drugstore for at least two months. And try it again afterwards. It could be that the thermostat heating or stock is faulty. I would not like to say immediately that it is defective.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Thanks Erdal, we will try that.
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 21 days ago.

Please I wish you the very best of luck and success with it. You can write a message again at any time. I am always at your disposal. You can always take my help. You are always welcome.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Thank you again Erdal, you have been super helpful
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 21 days ago.