James
James, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a shark electric carpet sweeper. It is about 6 months

Customer Question

I have a shark electric carpet sweeper . It is about 6 months old the battery is not charging up
JA: Do you know the model of your Shark appliance?
Customer: Shark cordless sweeper number v3700UK
JA: How long has this been going on with your Shark appliance? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Tried charging looked at the battery but nothing when I try to charge up it goes green but won't work
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: This is the second one I have bought the last ones handle broke &couldn't get a replacement
Expert:  James replied 19 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
This is James, I'm an appliance repair technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today

Sorry to hear your appliance is having issues, please stand by while I find the answer for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.
What lights show when plugged into the charger?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Red then green
Expert:  James replied 19 days ago.

Right this suggests the appliance is charging normally, how long between it going from Red to Green?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Straight away
Expert:  James replied 19 days ago.

Ok so it suggests the battery has most likely failed, which is unusual for an item only 6 months old but it suggests we need to get a warranty claim arrange so a new battery can be sent to you

Expert:  James replied 19 days ago.

You can arrange this by calling the warranty team on 0800(###) ###-####tomorrow from 9am.

Where the product is not registered you will need the model and serial number when calling.

If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to ask them!
My goal is to offer you the best possible experience!
If you need further assistance, please use the answer box below and let me know. It has been a pleasure to be of service to you!

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I don't need help now &would whoever took £35 for my bank account please reimburse me thank you
Expert:  James replied 19 days ago.

You have received an answer, my time is chargeable, questions realting to refunds should be directed to customer services, have a good evening.