James
James, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I have a rangemaster pro gas range. I upgraded to this from

Customer Question

Hi, I have a rangemaster pro gas range. I upgraded to this from a rangemaster electric fan oven. I expected the gas oven to be a little slower as it doesn't have a fan but the gas over has to be on full power and the food on the top shelf or it just doesn't cook and even then everything takes twice as long as it would have done in my previous oven - is it meant to be like this?
JA: Do you know the model of your Rangemaster range? How old is it?
Customer: I go it last year and its a rangemaster professional 110
JA: How long has this been going on with your Rangemaster range? What have you tried so far?
Customer: since i bought it, i tried to give myself time to get used to it but i am beginning to think there is something wrong with it
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: can't think of anything! I do cook regularly and i thought the pro gas would be a better option when upgrading because i do cook and bake often.
Expert:  James replied 17 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
This is James, I'm an appliance repair technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today

Sorry to hear your appliance is having issues, please stand by while I find the answer for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.
The cooking time on a gas should be comparable to an electric oven, are you confident the oven is getting up to temp?

Expert:  James replied 12 days ago.

Without the information requested I can only provide generic advice at this stage, but happy to elaborate once you provide the addition info.
For now I hope you may find this initial guidance useful.

Based on the problem with cooking it suggests the thermostat is faulty, and would suggest you get an appliance engineer out under warranty to check if its incorrectly regulating the temperature.

If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to ask them!
My goal is to offer you the best possible experience!
If you need further assistance, please use the answer box below and let me know. It has been a pleasure to be of service to you!