KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

I have an indesit dishwasher in a tenanted flat. Tenants

Customer Question

I have an indesit dishwasher in a tenanted flat. Tenants complained it had stoped mid-cycle. I cleaned the filter which was so blocked it looked like it had never been cleaned. After pressing various control buttons, machine started, worked for a cycle and stopped mid cycle again. Any ideas please??
JA: Do you know the model of your Indesit dishwasher? How old is it?
Customer: 7 years old, model not known
JA: How long has this been going on with your Indesit dishwasher? What have you tried so far?
Customer: what I initially said
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: can't think of anything else
Expert:  KevinWhiteJA replied 25 days ago.

Good evening,

Welcome to justanswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your appliance.

I understand that can be frustrating. Hopefully, we can resolve this as quickly as possible.

To help me better assist you, please provide its complete model number (from the label/rating plate located inside the door).

You may see automated adverts for phone support sent by website.

I am afraid, I am not available for phone call and another expert may be able to call you however, we can continue via chat.

Customer: replied 25 days ago.
unfortunately i am not at the tenanted flat so do not have that info

I understand however, without the information requested in my previous response, I can only give you a general answer, but I hope this helps.

You may try this:

You will have to unplug the appliance and pull it out, then tip it backwards by around 45 degrees so excess water drains off completely.

After you have done this, check the drain hose where it connects to house drain and make sure it is not clogged.

Then please clean the mesh filter from inside and make sure it is not blocked.

Now, reconnect everything and plug it back; select empty program on it hottest setting.

Then check if it works however, if it stops again then I am afraid the wash motor is faulty and will need replacement.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service.

If you have any follow-up questions, please do not hesitate to ask!

I hope you enjoyed your experience with justanswer.com today.

It has been a pleasure to assist you, have a wonderful evening.