Erdal Zal
Erdal Zal,
106347225

I just installed a dishwasher. I opened it mid cycle and now

Customer Question

I just installed a dishwasher. I opened it mid cycle and now it won’t turn back on
JA: What's the brand and model of your dishwasher? How old is it?
Customer: It’s brand new. Just unboxed and installed today
JA: How long has this been going on with your dishwasher? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It is a Frigidaire Electrolux
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
The model number is *****
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 18 days ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for your question. My name is***** am an expert from Germany and have been working as an equipment technician for 19 years. I work with a language translation program and I would be very grateful for your understanding.

The telephone service is provided automatically by the system, you only have to accept it when you need it.

Unfortunately, I cannot make a call, but another expert can do it for you if you wish. I will try to help you as best I can via chat.

I'm sorry you faced this problem!

Can you clarify the error better for me? Can't you turn the device on at all? Do you see no LED on or the display?

Please do not hesitate to continue this topic if you have any further questions. I would be very happy to help you!

Sincerely yours,
Erdal

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
No. It powers on. It allows me to select my cycle but when I press start and shut the door the LED light on the start button flashes 3 times and turns the dishwasher off.
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I posted the model number above. It’s brand new. I opened the door during the cycle and according to the manual if you don’t close the door and restart it within 10 minutes the unit will not continue to cycle. I was not aware of this and didn’t shut it within 10 minutes because I was loading it.
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 18 days ago.

If the unit beeps three times in a row and shows no response then the Aqua stop is triggered. Either you have a leak so that the Aqua stop is triggered or there is a fault in the control board.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I couldn’t possibly have a leak. It is brand new and was working perfectly until I opened the door like an idiot.
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 18 days ago.

Please press the start button once for at least 5 seconds. What happens then?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
It actually flashes 10 times and then shuts off
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Nothing changes when I hold it 5 seconds
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 18 days ago.

Okay then the control board still does not react. Could you describe to me which additional keys you have on the control panel? I could not download the documentation for the device yet.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
From left to right the buttons are heavy wash/normal wash/top rack/rinse only/ the start cancel button/ high temp wash/ sanitize wash/ air dry/delay start.
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
File attached (1QVLZPS)
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
File attached (G25246L)
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 18 days ago.

Okay then please watch the button delay start for at least 5 seconds. What happens then?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I am so frustrated it was working fine until I opened the door while it was running.
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 18 days ago.

Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 18 days ago.

Please calm down, we will try to fix it.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Holding the delay start Didn’t fix it.
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 18 days ago.

Okay then I am really very sorry but the control board does not react to the reset. I recommend to switch off the device for at least 4 hours and also switch off the power once. After 4 hours turn the power on again and try again to select and start a programme.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Ok
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 18 days ago.

You can write me a message again afterwards. I am at your disposal.

Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 18 days ago.

Please do not worry and please calm down. Such a mistake can happen to anyone. Nevertheless you have a nice day. As I said, I am at your disposal. Can we write another message afterwards.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I am in the US though and it’s midnight and I will be asleep in 4 hours
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 18 days ago.

Okay then switch it off for a longer time. When you wake up again and have time you can try it and write me a message. I will answer you as soon as possible.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Ok. Thank you
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 18 days ago.

Please I wish you a pleasant evening and a good night's rest.

Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 18 days ago.

If you need more information you can ask me questions. I am always available for you. I want you to be satisfied.