James
James, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Purchased a TDA5073 Steam Iron from a local dealership at

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: Hi, Purchased a TDA5073 Steam Iron from a local dealership at the end of Sept 2019 and recently the Water Inlet Lid doesn't close properly allowing steam to escape, potentially causing injury. Can you advise, please. Thank you. David.
JA: Who makes your steam iron? How old is it?
Customer: The make is a Bosch TDA5073, purchased end of Sept.2019
JA: How long has this been going on with your Bosch steam iron? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Several months, but owing to the current situation I haven't been able to resolve the problem. I haven't attempted anything other than notifying the retailer and they advised I contact yourselves.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Only that my use of an iron is minimal and used once a week.
Expert:  James replied 19 days ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!
This is James, I'm an appliance repair technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today

Sorry to hear your appliance is having issues, please stand by while I find the answer for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.
Does it not clip back in place if you apply inward pressure?

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
No! And it stays open during use.
Expert:  James replied 19 days ago.

Then this suggests the plastic cover has become twisted out of shape, since this isn't a cosmetic fault but the a safty concern with steam escaping, it should be covered under warranty.

You will need the model number and FD number shown on the rating plate, and call the warranty team on 0344(###) ###-####/strong> to arrange a replacement.

If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to ask them!
My goal is to offer you the best possible experience!
If you need further assistance, please use the answer box below and let me know. It has been a pleasure to be of service to you!